"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
~Helen Keller~



This is the logo I created for one of my favorite people in all the world that is fighting for his life. Click on the logo and check out his story!

Rhyolite park August sky

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

November Loss

I cried a thousand tears
when I heard your son was gone
Aching I tried to comprehend
how could I tell my son, his friend,
the news?

I thought a thousand thoughts
as I went throughout my day
wondering; how life can
just go on for everyone else
when you had lost so much?

I saw a thousand soft eyes as
I walked into our place of worship
You were there like always
but today, you sat in the back
The room was filled with light

I walked a thousand steps
as I came to your door
wondering, how I could comfort you
Your warm embrace and calm spirit
showed me your strength

I felt a thousand drops of mist
in the cool November morning
as I walked to my car
The car that would bring me
to where he would be laid to rest

I heard a thousand voices
singing, praising, rejoicing in truth
Even though it was just a few of his
young friends that stood to sing
angels joined and lifted us all

I hugged a thousand times
as I reached to comfort
and be comforted
I cried a thousand more tears
this time not alone

My heart broke into a thousand pieces
as I watched my boy
stand tall and help carry
his friend to his grave
How I wanted to comfort him.

I ached a thousand times as
you thanked and hugged my boy
My son turned and found me
Fell into my arms and began to sob
Finally there were no more tears to cry

I heard a thousand words echo
as I walked away thinking about this time we spent
celebrating your sons remarkable life.
I realized then that I came to comfort you
yet it was you who comforted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment